Saturday, May 30, 2015

Another use for Washers

I have been looking at and reading about using weights on patterns instead of using pins.  I did a little research and saw a couple different kinds but thought they were kind of price for 4 little weights.

So I again did a little research and saw someone used washers from the hardware store as weights.  So I thought hmmm I want to give them a try.



Went to Lowe's got a box of 20  2" x 1/2" washers for $6 and thought that I really didn't want the metal on my nice fabric so I had some pink felt squares I got 2 for $1 and decided to try to glue them to the washers.

First I traced the washers on the felt and joy of joy 20 rings fit on one sheet, so I decided that I would the felt on both sides of the washer.




Then got some basic glue - wasn't quite sure that it would work with these 2 different materials but decided to give it a go anyway.


Hubby was kind enough to squeeze the impossible hard to get out glue onto each washer and then I used a cheapo paint brush to spread it evenly over all the washer.


And HuZZah they are finished, not perfect but I am very happy with how they turned out and worked great.  I got to try them out today too.


Not sure if I like them or not, need to get use to cutting around them, the one thing I really liked was if I had to move or adjust the pattern I didn't have to unpin it, then adjust and then repin.  All I need to do was gently move or slide the pattern where I need it to go and that was it -  so much easier than pins.

For $7 I got 20 washer weights - about 3/4 less than the price I had seen them for with only 4 weights.

Try it.






1 comment:

  1. Ooh *looks around* loving the blog and I can see you are posting regularly too! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete